Friday, May 19, 2006

Thunder Beach




Another year and another Thunder Beach. The only difference is that this year I actually attended. I wanted to go last year but I wimped out when the thunderstorms popped up. This year the weather was perfect. I was too lazy to get up early and ride down with a group. So I ended up riding down alone on Saturday afternoon. It was a beautiful ride down and back. Although rain was forecast for late afternoon, it never came to pass. Although I really enjoyed all of the vendors, I spent most of my time riding along the beach taking in the sites of both gulf shores and bikers. The main strip was stop and go bikers in the mid-afternoon. It was a constant parade of bikers enjoying the weather and their ride. I met quite a few people while I was there which is always half the fun. I included a picture of another goldwinger I met. His name was Ian and he swears he wears that when he rides :)

I didn't stay the night but might next year. It made a great day ride coming back in the late hours on a warm summer night. If you haven't been, it is worth the trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home