Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Brunswick Bike Fest

A couple of weekends ago I joined four other riders on a day ride to Brunswick, Georgia for their annual bike fest. Upon arrival, we discovered that they were charging $30 a head to get into the grounds. We also discovered that they were holding a bike show downtown. Given the choice between touring the grounds for $30 and attending a bike show for free, we opted for the bike show. There were numerous bikes entered in the custom category. As you might imagine, it was a Harley Davidson rider's dream. Although there were some good looking bikes and some interesting custom jobs, my personal favorite was the "mutt" bike. I wish that I had brought my camera to share a picture. The bike had everything but the kitchen sink stuck on it somewhere. The seat was a horse saddle and the saddle bags were two old mess kits. The gear shift was a shotgun handle and there was more oil on the ground than in my reservoirs. Overall, it was definitely my favorite bike in the show. It demonstrated ingenuity and creativity - something most of the other bikes lacked. There are only so many flames and skull designs one can create.

After touring the show, we picked up a bite to eat in town and headed back home. It was a small group but we respresented a variety on the road. Among our ranks were three Harley Davidsons, a BMW, a Kawasaki, and of course my Honda. The sun was shining all day and it made for a great day ride. The only thing missing was a few more Goldwings :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home